Friday, July 30, 2010

Hasta Luego

It is extremely weird to think that we are actually moving. It is something that we have been thinking about, hoping for and planning, for so long. I just never thought that it would be this hard. I expected the physical and stressful part of it, but I was seriously unprepared for the emotional part of it. I know I have said it before, but moving is a huge drain on my emotions! Moving should be a four letter word in my book! I have been trying to keep things together for my kids's sake. The girls are totally excited, but the boys not so much. They don't want to leave their friends, their school and the ward. I knew that if I let them see me sad, it would only make it harder on them.
We were all ready to leave on Saturday morning. Matt and the boys were driving the moving truck up with Matt's brother Josh. I was staying behind with the girls and my mom in order to get the carpets cleaned and turn the house over to the renter. It was surreal to see our house empty. We were the first ones to ever live there, and now we are leaving. Who knew it would make me cry to lock the doors for the last time. This was the home where our two girls were brought to from the hospital. This was the house that celebrated many birthdays, Christmas's, and held countless other memories. I know that we were not going to stay there forever, but it was harder than I thought.
We left early Saturday morning and started out on the long 9 hour drive to Carson City. Lets just say that there is not much between Henderson and Carson City except a lot of desert and sagebrush. We made it safely and are ready to start a new and different phase in our lives. Wish us luck!

(Last night in our house!)





Loaded and ready to go!

I felt like the Beverly Hillbillies!



We had so much stuff! The moving truck was filled to the brim. We could not fit a piece of paper in by the time we had it all loaded. We had to leave 2 coolers, a slide and a shop vac. Not bad after 6 years of stuff!

Finally relaxing after getting the truck unloaded. Tony, Jake and Tom drove from Utah to help us unload!

1 comments:

Deanne Hill said...

I hope you guys are settling into your new place and are loving it! It's always hard to leave "home." Good luck! :)