Thursday, November 3, 2011

Run. Eat. Sleep. Repeat.

My sweet and loving Henderson friends talked me into running the Ragnar Relay race with them this year. I was very hesitant to do it with them. They are super runners and I can not keep up with them even if I tried! I decided to push myself and try something that was hard. So I said yes, and started training.

The race takes place over 24 hours and is over 180 miles long. There are 12 runners and we eat take three different legs. My legs were 4 miles, 6 miles and 4.5 miles long. I can honestly say it was one of the hardest things that I have ever done. I am proud to say that I did it, but I am not sure if I want to do it again! By the third leg, I was so tired!! I was running at about 4am and on a dirt road and I was exhausted! After no very little sleep, very little food and a lot of laughter with great friends; we completed the course.

We had an amazing team we actually ended up winning 1st place in our division!










0 comments: